Look below to find out a little more about my skills, education and work experience.
Click HERE to download a PDF version of my resume.
Proficient in WordPress, Squarespace, Wix, Artistdata, Reverbnation, Sonicbids, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and iMovie (videography and editing).
Music management and public relations tasks including:
- Mapping and organizing tours and other tour managing tasks
- Scheduling and booking shows and radio appearances
- E-mail, phone and personal correspondence
- Cold calls and venue relations
- Merchandise sales and inventory
- Creating, updating and distributing electronic press kits
- Tour and market research
- Assembling and distributing press kits and CDs
- Social media and website updates
- Photography and video recording and editing
- Online and print promotional campaigns
- Creating and updating spreadsheets
- Event organization and promotion
- Facilitating fan outreach
- Obtaining and cataloging contact information for future communication with supporters, fellow artists, venue owners and promoters.
- Colorado State University: Fort Collins, CO. Bachelor of Arts in Journalism & Media Communication with a Minor in Business Administration. August 2013-December 2015.
- University of Georgia: Athens, GA. Business Management Major & Music Business Certificate Program. July 2008-December 2010.
Murphy Music, LLC: Denver, CO. March 2012-Present. President/Owner; management, publicity and booking for various musical artists, as well as event planning, sponsorship recruitment and fundraising.
- Canopy of the Oaks Freedom Festival: St. Simons Island, GA. June 2012-July 2014. Directorship of entire non-profit, volunteer based event from creation to commencement.
- Event coordination of volunteers, permits, site set-up and break down, tents, sound equipment, caterers, ticket sales, sponsorships and donations, musical acts, artisan tables, parking, kids’ activities, raffles, etc.
- Created and distributed promotional items including posters, signs, press releases, handbills, and sponsorship banners.
Medcom Group Inc.: Fort Collins, CO. October 2013-December 2015. Patient Representative; Scheduled and fulfilled in-person appointments, processed payments, handled confidential patient information and paperwork, performed troubleshooting tasks for machinery and assisted with customer service.
Tsunami Publicity: Denver, CO. December 2011-August 2012. Intern and assistant to owner, Ami Heinrich. Performed research for upcoming tours, artist and venue relations, organized tour details, and updated websites, tour information and spreadsheets.
Nimbleslick Entertainment LLC: Athens, GA. August 2010-December 2010. Intern and assistant to booking agent, Owen Gray. Assisted with booking, managing and promoting shows for our roster of artists including: Perpetual Groove, Zoogma, The Werks and The Malah.
New Earth Music Hall: Athens, GA. August 2009-March 2011.
- Head promoter of upcoming events
- Recruited and trained street team members
- Artist relations
- Evaluated promotional strategies and areas that needed more coverage, as well as brainstormed more efficient ways to reach our targeted audience
- Created and distributed Facebook invitations for various events
- Created online promotional material and hosted giveaways
- Dispersed promotional posters in downtown Athens and surrounding areas
- Handed out promotional handbills at various events
- Created e-mail list servs, collected and organized attendees contact information for future communications such as: newsletters and giveaways
Euphonic Conceptions: Denver, CO. August 2008-August 2011. Artist hospitality and street team member for various Re:Creation events throughout the southeast.
Thick as Thieves Productions: Nashville, TN. December 2011- June 2012. Street team leader in Athens region for the following events:
- Cosmic Clearance II (Nashville, TN)
- Illumination (Nashville, TN)
- Dexfest (Dandridge, TN)
Shimon Presents: Atlanta, GA. May 2008-July 2010. Street team member, promoter, and work exchange team member for following events:
- Wakarusa-September 2008-June 2009
- Bear Creek-September 2008-June 2009
- Camp Bisco-July 2010
- Allgood Music Festival-July 2010
Trinumeral Music and Arts Festival: Asheville, NC. September 2009. Street team member and promoter for Athens, GA region.
Conscious Alliance: Athens, GA. May 2008-January 2011. Group member and promoter at newly established University of Georgia chapter. A non-profit organization that hosted food drives at various national shows and donated to local food banks. We also sponsored local concerts in the Athens area and provided volunteers to charities in need of help.
Music Matters Productions: Atlanta, GA. May 2008-October 2009. Street team leader and promoter for Athens and Atlanta events.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me using my contact form below. Thank you for your interest!